This policy was last updated on 10th February 2019
Hemispheres Movement for Learning Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is handled in a safe and responsible way. This policy outlines what to expect from Hemispheres Movement for Learning Ltd in how we collect and process any data about you.
Who are we?
Hemispheres Movement for Learning Ltd is a team of highly qualified Occupational Therapists who collectively have over 91 years of experience to share and bring to therapy. All Hemispheres therapists are registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and actively maintain their registration though a committed to their growth and development. Hemispheres Movement for Learning Ltd provides clinical services that focus on enhancing learning using a neurological approach.
Our registered address is:
The Granary, Rectory Farm, Broadway Road, Lightwater, Surrey, GU18 5SH
Hemispheres Movement for Learning Ltd is the ‘controller’ of any personal data collected about you i.e. we are responsible for deciding how we collect and manage your personal data.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under reference Z1066439
If you have any queries about how we gather and use your personal data then you can get in touch with our Data Protection Officer by post at:
Data Protection Officer
Hemispheres Movement for Learning Ltd
Surrey, GU18 5SH
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put ‘For the attention of the Data Protection Officer’ in the subject line of your email.
Your rights over your data
You have a number of rights over how we gather and use your personal data. You have the rights to:
- be informed about the collection and use of your personal data (e.g. in this privacy notice);
- object to the processing of your data where we rely on our legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing;
- withdraw your consent for us to use your data at any time, where you have opted in to our data processing in the past;
- ask us to change incorrect or incomplete data we hold about you;
- ask us to delete your personal data where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, when you have withdrawn consent, or where we have no lawful basis for keeping it;
- ask us to restrict the personal data we use about you where you have asked for it to be deleted or where you have objected to our use of it;
- ask us to provide you or a third party with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, electronic form, so it can be easily transferred;
- request access to a copy of your personal data, along with information on what personal data we use, why we use it, who we share it with, how long we keep it for and whether it has been used for any automated decision making. You can make a request free of charge by contacting our Data Protection Officer in writing at the address above. Please provide us with evidence of your identity;
- not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling;
- make a complaint to us about how we have used your personal data.
To learn more about these rights please see the Information Commissioner’s Office website
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer by post or email at the address above. We will need to ask you to confirm your identity before we can deliver on a number of these rights.
If you believe that we have not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the:
Information Commissioner’s Office (the regulator for privacy / data protection legislation). The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Tel: 0303 123 111
How do we collect information from you?
We collect information from you:
What type of information is collected from you?
- when you visit our website
- when you visit our venue in person
- when you make an enquiry
- when you attend any one of our events
- when you visit us at a conference
- when we visit your establishment or premises
- when you sign up to receive marketing emails
- when you email us
You may be asked to submit certain personal information about yourself when you make a request to attend a clinic. We will collect this information so we can fulfil your appointment request so that you may attend one of our clinics.
When you place an order or make a booking:
Hemispheres Movement for Learning Ltd Limited collects information such as:
When you attend an event at or hosted by Hemispheres Movement for Learning Ltd:
- job title
- company name (if relevant)
- telephone number
- e-mail address (used for booking confirmation and post-event feedback emails)
- home or work address
- billing information taken for deposits or holding credit card information
- marketing preferences (whether you have opted-in)
When you access our sites:
- marketing responses (where applicable)
- survey responses
- dietary preferences
- current and past booking details
There is “Device Information” about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Hemispheres Movement for Learning Ltd. This information can include:
- device type (e.g. mobile, computer, laptop, tablet)
- operating system
- IP address
- browser type
- browser information (e.g., type, language, and history)
- domain names
- access times
- referring website addresses
- other data about your device to provide the services as otherwise described in this policy.
If you use our website, we may receive your generic location (such as city or neighbourhood).
How is your information used?
We require the information outlined in the previous section to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis.
We need to process your data to enter into a contract with you, in order to fulfill your booking requirements, send you service emails (order confirmation, event confirmation, post-event feedback) and to provide you with the service you expect.
We process your data for marketing purposes when we have your consent to receive our promotional emails.
We process your data to meet certain legal obligations which are binding on us. We only do this when strictly necessary e.g. to comply with health and safety laws, to respond to and defend against legal claims.
We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data in terms of:
How long do we keep your data?
- customizing the website based on your interests,
- when evaluating and improving our products and services,
- when taking photos of groups of people in Hemispheres Movement for Learning Ltd to use during and after the event,
- retaining details about a previous attendance at your establishment (e.g. training delivered and progress monitoring etc) so that we can refer back to the details if required to assist with subsequent services or products.
- understanding opinions voiced about Hemispheres Movement for Learning Ltd online and on social media, and answering questions about Hemispheres Movement for Learning Ltd.
- Where we rely on our legitimate interests as a reason for processing data, we have considered whether or not those interests are overridden by the rights and freedoms of our customers and have concluded that they are not.
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
The following retention periods apply at Hemispheres Movement for Learning Ltd:
Type of data and retention period
Notes of conversations (phone or face to face) about potential events and bookings and products required
Discarded as soon as clear the booking is not going to proceed
Emails about potential attendance
If doesn’t proceed, deleted after 2 months
Firm appointments, orders and events
Hemispheres Movement for Learning Ltd will retain your information for 2 months – if there has been no activity then your contact details will automatically be deleted
Individuals can opt out of marketing at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ option or by contacting us by email at email@example.com
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties. Any personal information we request from you will be safeguarded under current legislation.
We will only share your information with companies if necessary to deliver services on our behalf. (For example, to third party service providers such as IT technicians and other relevant event suppliers) and other third parties to provide our sites and fulfil your requests, and as otherwise consented to by you or as permitted by applicable law.
We may need to disclose your information to regulatory bodies, government bodies, or law enforcement agencies. This will be upon request only, and only when required to do so in order to satisfy legal obligations which are binding on us.
Storing your data and security
Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure your personal data.
The information you provide to us via the website will be stored and processed on servers based in the UK. However, in the course of our operations (including, without limitation, providing you with other services, we may transfer your personal data to our service providers who are based outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
By submitting your personal data you agree that we may transfer, store and process your information outside of the European Economic Area.
We will require our service providers who process your personal data to keep it safe and secure in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
We make use of the following data processor services not otherwise mentioned in this policy to deliver functionality as part of our services:
Campaign Monitor - https://www.campaignmonitor.com
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hemispheresltd
Google Analytics - https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics
SurveyMonkey - https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk
Web Intelligent - https://www.webintelligent.co.ukProfiling
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively.
A cookie is a very small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server which allows the website to recognise you when you visit. Cookies only collect data about browsing actions and patterns, and do not identify you as an individual.
Pixels allow social media sites to track visitors to outside websites so as to tailor advertising messages users see while visiting that social media website. Hemispheres Movement for Learning Ltd reserves the right to use these pixels in compliance with the policies of the various social media sites.
- Performance and Analytics: Information gathered through cookies and server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our site, and the websites visited just before and just after our own, as well as your IP address.
- This helps us provide you with information that you find interesting and provides us with insights regarding our web site performance enabling us to tailor it to better meet your requirements.
- Opting Out: You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the services.
Our site may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
Changes to this statement
Our contact details are as follows
The Granary, Rectory Farm, ,
Tel: 01276 472 858
VAT registration number: